Wednesday 20 June 2012

Interview with Cynthia Racette: Author of "Windswept"

Original Title: Windswept
Author: Cynthia Racette
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Release Date: April 11th 2012
Genre: Contemporary Romance







When husband David is unfaithful and commits the ultimate betrayal by bringing his mistress on board WINDSWEPT, Caroline’s world is shattered. He leaves her, and she is forced to rely solely on herself for the first time in her life. She has to be a single parent to her daughter, Lily, and must decide if she can forgive David for tearing her family apart.

As David and Caroline work to put their marriage back together, events and other people conspire against them. As their relationship begins to heal, the couple is caught in a horrific storm on the Chesapeake Bay. They want a chance to love again, but Mother Nature might have other ideas.

INTERVIEW WITH CYNTHIA RACETTE


1.  Is there an inspiration behind why you chose writing?
A: Absolutely! My husband and I are sailors and we loved our 30 foot cruiser. We had some incredible times sailing Capella and I wanted to write a book about sailing to try to communicate my love. I put that with a great story about a family in crisis and voila! Windswept.

2.  When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
A: A teacher. Tried it, didn't like it, so I took my degree in secondary chemistry and became a chemist. I loved that, but the toxic chemicals caught up to me. I had an asthma attack in the lab and that was the end of that. Then I started writing in earnest. A storied career, as they say.

3.  Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is....
A: Harry Potter! I love the little guy.

4.  What are your current literary works?  Any sneak peaks?
A: I am finishing another women's fiction called Fall Down Flat. Here's a peek.
Her heart thundered and her stomach fell and she knew. They were policemen. She'd seen this kind of thing on television. Her imagination was about to become an appalling reality. Her prayers turned to: "Let him be alive. Let him be alive" She repeated the mantra repeated over and over. It was a useless exercise. The men's faces were grave and their lips set grimly. She knew. Neither prayer would do him any good.

5.  If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
A: The past. Probably the late 1800's. The only problem with that is that I'd get pissed with the no women voting and strictures on females working. Other than that I think I'd like it.

6.  Which topics would you like to explore in your future books (assuming there are more to come)?
A: A write women's fiction, focusing on a woman and her family in crisis and how they deal with it. Eventually, the woman gains strength and independence and works through her troubles, making her stronger.

7.  Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
A: My book is action-filled, romantic, with lots of terrific sailing, conflict and an ending that pits the hero and heroine with the wrath of nature.

8.  Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
A: Telling everyone my book has been published, especially my father, who knows this was a life-long dream. It was rewarding telling all the ladies at the RWA meeting too.

9.  What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
A: Read, read, read, and write, write, write. In the reading, include some really good books on writing.

10.  If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
A: Harry Potter again. I'd be a great friend of Hermione's. My wizardly skills would be superb and second only to Hermione in the girls.

11.  If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
A: Renaissance Woman—Jack of All Trades, Master of Few

12.  What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it?
A: The last scene in the book, when Windswept is caught in a horrific storm which threatens to capsize the boat. I like it because it's exciting, taut, and full of action while still being emotional.

13.  What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?
A: I love to watch Dancing with Stars and I have Five Shades of Gray on my computer but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I enjoy reading my daughter, Cassandra Carr's erotic romance novels, although generally I wouldn't be caught dead reading erotic books.

14.  What books do you most recommend to friends?
A: All kinds. If I've just finished a really good book, I'll tell everyone about it.

15.  One food you would never eat?
A: Eggplant. Ack.

QUICK ANSWERS

   1. Favorite place?
            Rome, especially St. Peter's and the Sistine Chapel

   2. Best Christmas present?
            My Nook. I love it! I love having all those books inside, like a treasure island

   3. Favorite book?
            Any of the Harry Potter books. See above.

   4. Favorite author?
            Who do you think? Think hard now.

   5. Favorite smell?
            Gardenias, followed closely by lilacs and lilies

   6. Favorite series?
            The Good Wife. I love to see Juliana Margueles lose it

   7. Nickname?
            Oh geez, are you ready for this? "Peanut" One close friend calls me Cinderella though. Gag me with a spoon.

   8. Favorite writing spot?
            Wegman's CafĂ©, writing with my daughter. We synergize often in our writing. I help her out and she helps me out if either of us gets stuck. It's more often me because she's far surpassed her Mom in her writing. Plus, there's all that food to nibble on.

   9. Favorite movie?
            Other than the HP books, which you're probably sick of by now, The King's Speech, Gone With the Wind, Fiddler on the Roof, A Fish Called Wanda, Tolkien trilogy

  10. Favorite dish?
            Lobster, Coq au Vin, Lasagna

  11. Favorite color?
            Grass green

  12. Favorite quote?
            To see the world in a grain of sand,
            And Heaven in a wildflower,
            Is to hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour—Wm. Blake

  13. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
            Friendlies Chocolate Almond Chip

  14. Your best trait?
            Empathy—everyone comes to me with their problems

  15. Your worst trait?
            I'm a starter. I often have a hard time finishing projects, especially if I've had to put it up for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...